Providing consultation to faculty, staff and administrators on disability related services, supports and training to best serve the diverse population of those with disabilities.
- Provide consultation to those operating Disability Services- staffing, policies, procedures, and budget
- Develop programs for students on the Autism Spectrum
- Conduct audit review related to services for ADA compliance, disability services and accommodation process
- Provide consultation related to managing Office of Civil Rights complaints
- Provide consultation on creating, implementing and starting a unique comprehensive Autism program- fee based
- Managing needs of the Deaf community
- Training faculty and staff on universal design across campus
- Create special topic- Disability Studies course- graduate level
- Assist with balancing the increase demands of students with less resources
- Consult on difficult student cases
- Guidance on how to create a sustainable advisory board
- Deliver training on the ADA and what that means for a faculty member?
- Provide guidance on how and what to discuss with a student regarding disability?
- Teach the process of receiving and implementing accommodations
- Deliver practical behavioral management strategies
- Provide best tips for working with those with low vision/blind students
- Develop Professional Development related to cultivating an inclusive climate
- Provide training related to Emotional support/Service animals- how to navigate the path